Skilled South Carolina Attorneys Provide Guardian ad Litem Services
We protect the rights of family members in South Carolina and strive to ensure the best interests of the person being served are met.
A guardian ad litem is a legal guardian appointed by a court to represent the best interests of minor children and incompetent persons in legal proceedings. They are often used in child custody, child support, visitation rights and parentage cases. In proceedings involving minor children, either parent can request the use of a guardian ad litem or the court can appoint one on its own motion. Here at Lester and Hendrix, LLC, our lawyers in Beaufort, Myrtle Beach and Columbia provide the necessary services to adults and minor children that are in need of having their rights and well-being protected.
Our lawyers serve as a voice for minor children and incompetent persons that cannot adequately protect their own rights.
With over seven decades of combined experience in family law and divorce at Lester and Hendrix, LLC, we are able to properly advocate for the needs of minor children and incompetent adults. We serve as officers of the court, fighting for those that need help protecting their best interests in South Carolina.
As guardian ad litem, we provide various services geared toward getting the best results.
Upon being appointed to serve as guardian ad litem, we serve the needs of minor children and incompetent persons for the duration of the legal action. There are many duties that must be performed and our talented lawyers at Lester and Hendrix, LLC, are experienced at performing these numerous responsibilities. The duties often depend on the ages of those involved and the specific circumstances of each case. Here are some examples:
- Gather evidence – we take our time collecting all of the needed evidence by compiling all of the relevant facts, interviewing witnesses, investigating issues and concerns and obtaining school, criminal and medical records and other necessary documents.
- Provide support – we provide essential support to children's emotional and legal needs by familiarizing ourselves with the family through observation and monitoring.
- Make crucial decisions – we make decisions that serve the best interest of the child or incompetent person by determining the need for psychological evaluations or counseling and making recommendations to the court regarding custody and visitation.
- Work with the courts and attorneys – we work with attorneys to determine their positions on pertinent issues and assist the courts by offering testimony, filing motions, conducting discovery and examining witnesses at trial.
- Ensure compliance – we make sure that parties comply with court orders to ensure the needs of the represented person are being
Contact any of our family law offices in South Carolina for the effective representation you need and deserve to resolve your legal issues.
With three locations in South Carolina in Beaufort, Columbia, and Myrtle Beach, Lester and Hendrix, LLC, is able to help you resolve your family law issues. Please contact us with your legal concerns by phone or online. With our services at your disposal, you can rest assured that your legal issues will be dealt with timely, effectively, and handled by an experienced professional.